April has been a pretty good month for me and I have a lot to be grateful for.
1. I had a great time at the wedding I helped coordinate, and even though everything went wrong that could go wrong, it was a blast.
2. I was the Godmother to the love of my life, Mark, and the party afterwards was so much fun. I baked cupcakes for him since it was also his first birthday and realize that I haven't lost my talent for baking, even though I have been on a baking hiatus since Christmas.
3. I am closer to reaching my dream of living at the beach and hopefully I will be settled soon.
4. A very good friend of mine has decided to break up with his girlfriend that no one, including myself, can stand. I am so happy that he finally sees the light as she has been dragging him down for so long. I had to end my friendship with her because all she ever did was complain to me about how bad a person he was.
5. I am going to visit my daughter in Chicago soon and I am looking forward to that. I love Chicago and I miss my daughter more than anyone could imagine.
6. My daughter's friend Renee has become an Aunt for the first time. Her sister and brother-in-law just had a baby boy and I am so thrilled for them. They are the sweetest couple and will make perfect parents. Congratulations Camille and John. I'm looking forward to meeting him at the Notre Dame - USC game in November!
7. I have been doing volunteer work for the homeless shelter in Pasadena, and it has been so rewarding and life changing.
8. I've been really busy making jewelry and I am finally going to open up a shop on Esty.
9. My niece Allison has started a blog and since she is twenty something, a great writer, and funnier than anyone I know, it will be a hit. Go visit her at eclecticconfessions. Nice going Ali.
10. I started Yoga again and already I feel like a new person. I promise to keep it up for the rest of my life. And even beyond that.
I hope that April has been good for everyone, especially those who have had to live through a long, cold winter. Summer is here in Southern California as the wild fires have started. Thank God no one lost their house in the Sierra Madre fire, but this is just a preview of what's to come.